Published February 27, 2018
Last week in this column I shared what people thought were the four saddest words. Many of you related to the comments and offered me your own thoughts. But my pastor challenged me to find, instead, the six most joyful words. So I asked for comments on Facebook and again people responded.
Some people gave lists of words, such as:
- Love, Joy, Success, Forgiven, Happy, Peace.
- God, Love, Grandchildren, Heaven, Family, Forgiven.
- Love, joy, chosen, peace, family, comfort.
- Jesus, Holy Spirit, mercy, grace, baby.
Some gave words or comments they knew we would love, like the following.
- Gospel Greats, Top Twenty Countdown 1970s (Loved that program the other night!)
- Tenor, lead, baritone, bass, quartet harmony!!!
- Southern Gospel music tells the story.
- Your Favorite Music With Paul Heil
Some were fun and about things we all like.
- Peanut butter fudge all for me!
- All You Can Eat Ice Cream.
- Grammy, love you to the moon.
- Honey, I am cooking dinner tonight!
- The Doctor said, But God said.
Many implied that their joy came from their Christianity.
- I'm saved, sanctified, and Heaven bound!
- "(Name) there is no more cancer."
- Oh the Joy of Knowing Jesus.
- A person just got saved today!!!!
- I Owe It All To Jesus!
- When I'm weak, He is strong.
- My grace is sufficient for you.
- Love God with all your heart!!!
- God will never forsake His own!
- I love you no matter what.
- Jesus Christ is the only Way!
- Jesus died for ALL your sins.
- He's the same...yesterday, today, forever.
- Oh what a Savior! Oh Hallelujah!
- God is good all the time.
- He gave his only begotten son.
- Be ready. Jesus is coming soon.
- But joy cometh in the morning.
- I am redeemed by love divine.
- I am covered by His blood!
- I come to the garden alone.
- Praise the Lord! Jesus is Lord!
- Amazing grace, how sweet the sound.
- By His stripes, we are healed.
- The peace that passes all understanding.
- I know Him ... He knows me.
A couple of phrases were listed by several people. They included:
- Jesus loves me, this I know!
- For God so loved the world.
What did my pastor send me as his six favorite words? Some of you said the same thing:
- "Well done, good and faithful servant."
Whether for the ending of this "Shelia Shares" or the ending of a life, I can't think of any better ending than those words. I want to hear Christ say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
- Shelia Heil
Comments on this? email@example.com.
To share this column with your Facebook friends, click on the logo or "share" link below.
Copyright 2018 Heil Enterprises. All rights reserved.
Return to the Archives Index page for more recent columns.