Published May 8, 2012
Who wrote the following? I don't know. I do know that it was a wise woman who knew her limitations and chose to love her child completely. May this be an encouragement to each Mother (and Father). Happy Mother's Day!
Message From A Mom To Her Child...
- I gave you life, but cannot live it for you.
- I can give you directions, but I cannot be there to lead you.
- I can take you to church, but I cannot make you believe.
- I can buy you beautiful clothes, but I cannot make you beautiful inside.
- I can give you love, but I cannot force it upon you.
- I can teach you to share, but I cannot make you unselfish.
- I can teach you respect, but I cannot force you to show honor.
- I can advise you about friends, but cannot choose them for you.
- I can advise you about sex, but I cannot keep you pure.
- I can tell you about alcohol and drugs, but I cannot say "no" for you.
- I can tell you about lofty goals, but I cannot achieve them for you.
- I can teach you about kindness, but I cannot force you to be gracious.
- I can pray for you, but I cannot make you walk with God.
- I can tell you how to live, but I cannot give you eternal life.
- I can love you with unconditional love all of my life....and I will.
- Author Unknown
Comments on this? email@example.com .
Copyright 2012 Heil Enterprises. All rights reserved.
Return to the Archives Index page for more recent columns.